Each year, WIMS recognizes faculty and trainees who encourage and support women in their academic and professional endeavors in the UK College of Medicine. The awards are given in the following categories:
- Mentorship Award to a male or female faculty member who serves as a mentor role model for UK COM women
- Leadership Award to a female faculty member who serves as a leader in her profession
- Rising Star Awards to outstanding female students or post-graduate trainees.
WIMS also sponsors the following travel awards for:
- Female faculty to attend the AAMC Early Career and Mid-Career Women's Leadership Seminars (co-sponsored by Dr. Renay Scales, Associate Dean for Diversity & Inclusion).
- Female Ph.D. students or post-doctoral scholars/fellows to attend the National Postdoc Association (NPA) annual meeting (co-sponsored by the COM Office of Biomedical Education)
- Female medical students to attend the American Medical Women's Association (AMWA) annual meeting
Nominations for the WIMS awards open in the Summer. Calls for applications for the Travel Awards typically open 3 to 6 months before each meeting. Please check this page often for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the awards, nomination process, or selection process, please contact email@example.com