The University of Kentucky College of Medicine Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) Executive Committee, in joint sponsorship with the College of Medicine Office of Faculty Development and Office of Diversity and Inclusion, is proud to announce a call for applications for a sponsored conference travel award for early career women faculty.
The stipend will cover transportation, lodging, and registration fees (up to $5,000) to the AAMC Early Career Women’s Leadership Seminar. Online applications can be found at https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4Vo2j4o9JI0ltUV. Deadline to submit all materials is January 17, 2020.
“This seminar is unlike any that I had attended before; it was humbling and exciting to be in the same room with hundreds of accomplished, intelligent and motivated women.” – Sara Police, PhD, assistant professor of pharmacology and nutritional sciences, attended AAMC Early Career Women’s Leadership Seminar 2019
- Award is open to all women faculty members at the instructor or assistant professor rank in the College of Medicine (any title series.)
- Ideal candidates will have at least three years post-training experience.
- Must have been continuously employed at the University of Kentucky for at least one year and in good standing.
- Internal application must include answers to online application questions found here, a CV, and a letter of support from a mentor, division chief, or chair of the department.
- Must submit separate external application to AAMC and be available to use travel stipend for AAMC for Early Career Women's Leadership Seminar July 11-14, 2020, in Minneapolis, MN. (https://www.aamc.org/professional-development/leadership-development/ewims)
- Registration fees, hotel, and transit will be covered up to $5,000 total stipend.
- Awardees will be expected to share their conference experiences with the College of Medicine community in forums such as WIMS Day in FY21.
- Deadline to submit all application materials is January 17, 2020.
Please direct any questions to Fern Lewis at Fern.Lewis@uky.edu
Drs. Kim Kaiser and Amy Meadows
WIMS Awards and Honors Subcommittee Co-Chairs